NWULI ALBERT - ON FEMINISM

AN INTRODUCTION:

So, my brother hits me up over the weekend and tells me he has an article for me to publish on the blog. I ask that he sends it in so I can read first and then I promise to publish it today (if it passes my publishing test). I read it and I'm thrilled and proud, mans got writing skills...lol. Please read and like and comment and share...I promise to make him write a sequel to this because I'm sure you'll love this one!

Please read...

Hello Barby's blog readers, am supposed to say sis Barby but am just trying to be professional here and still don't lose my home training. I am really happy as i did not know this would actually work out, but had to give it a try because without trying you will never find out. Now, here I am being featured on my sisters blog. 
To my beloved and supportive blog readers who came all the way, i know i haven't actually being so humble like Kendrik Lamar and Rihanna but i promise to be more forthcoming lately as i have some more surprises for you guys as things unfold. 

Now back to the topic in full FEMINISM.
I have had a lot of talks about this and seen alot of people who...
1...both inwardly and outwardly do not support the idea that there should be equal rights and equal opportunities for men and women.
2...feel we've already arrived at equality for men and women 
3...believe we're not at all there yet, and support continuing efforts to pave way for equal rights for men and women.
4...believes in equal rights but find "feminism" a word and a movement that doesn't align with their personal beliefs or values...and lots more but first let's understand what FEMINISM is.

DEFINITION: 
Feminism is the advocacy of women's rights on the basis of the equality of sexes.
Feminism at its core is about equality of men and women and not "sameness". So many people offer up the argument that women are not the "same" as men so there can't be equality. In other words, because their bodies are different(many say "weaker" and smaller), and because men and women have different physical capabilities, these physical differences mean equality is not possible. It’s critical to understand that “same” does not mean “equal.” The issue here is about equal rights and equal access to opportunities.  Men and women don’t have to be the “same” in physicality to have the right to equality. I’d love to see that argument (that women and men aren’t the “same” so they can’t be equal) disappear forever. From my view, it’s a misguided one.

Here’s an example of why: If there were two young boys in a classroom, and one was physically weaker and smaller than the other, would we believe it’s right to keep the weaker, smaller boy from having the same access – to the teacher, to learning, to the computers, to the books and class resources, to other children in the class — because he didn’t have the same physical strength as the other boy?

Having analysed the above you will see and come to a conclusion that "same" is definitely different from "equal" and therefore cannot be used to judge this as women are supposed to be honoured their rights. 

I am Nwuli Albert incase I didn't mention before,  you can get to read more of my articles on my blog following the link ziggybankz.blogspot.com or you can reach me on my social accounts, details below
Whatsapp: +2348052632714
Facebook: Albert Nwuli
Facebook page: @ziggybankz (Men's Corner)
Instagram: iam_ziggybankz
Snapchat: ziggybankz
...Furthermore  I hope you enjoy this one. Thank you.

Comments

  1. Hi Albert, I'm not a supporter of feminism because I sincerely think it has been misconstrued and has led many astray. So, I'll rather make my point without joining the bandwagon. I've also written on feminism on the blog before. My position is that men and women are NOT the same, we are EQUAL in ALL instances save for a husband and wife ''situation''. So, I expect to be treated equally as men in the office etc. But in my home, the man is still the head and we are not equal. My Stance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I hate to disagree with you and the fact that you are holding onto that is, men are the head at home. Yes definitely in some homes men are the head while in some others it's women who are the head, because a man is a man doesnt mean he has to be the head and because a woman is a woman doesn't mean she has to be the tail it can go both ways. A man being the head of a home isn't the cause of happiness in the home so it shouldn't be a piority.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi Dear, do visit us again.
Barby.

Popular posts from this blog

OF COMMITMENT AND STUPIDITY

KNOW YOUR PLACE!!!

EXCLUSIVE BREASTFEEDING ON A TIGHT SCHEDULE!