AS THE YEAR ENDS...


You'll think I forgot I had a blog right??? Well, far from it! I didn't. Let's just say...no excuse really. No need to come and na be lying small small lies.

So it is just a few more days before 2015 gives way to a new beginning; 2016. Woooooow! Time runs so fast you know? I remember entering this year with all the strength I could muster. 2015 was game time for me! And as much as I had no compass on how it would go, I just knew there had to be a way. Looking back now, I can say that I didn't do so poorly really...I count my blessings!



I can begin to mention them chronologically, but let's just say I'll be sure to miss out on some details. God is a faithful God! Let's just leave it at that!

For all those who don't feel the same way, I have a message for you...

Before you begin to berate yourself that you didn't meet up with your goals and aspirations you set out for the year, first, thank God for your life. You are alive, you are healthy! These are priceless gifts. Money cannot buy life or health. If it could, trust me, you probably wouldn't have as much life and health as you have now! (Not when a few lot are squandering billions of naira meant for "all of us". Imagine what they would have done if they could have all the life and health to themselves!) You have the most important things for survival and existence. You should be grateful. CAVEAT: This is not to pat the lazy ones on the shoulder for being lazy (Shame! Shame!! Shame!!!) But this is an encouragement for those who toiled day and night and have little or nothing to show for it...I know one thing for sure, you cannot afford to give up now! You just cannot! Imagine that you are this close to your breakthrough and then you give up now...what have you been toiling all the time for??? It's better you never started in the first place, than to go half way and turn back again. This is my message for you...

BE THOROUGH. GO THE WHOLE WAY. EXHAUST ALL POSSIBLE OPTIONS AND ALTERNATIVES. QUITTERS NEVER WIN! IF IT DOESN'T WORK OUT STILL, GO BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD AND RE-STRATEGISE. IT CAN ONLY GET BETTER.

Then, there are those people who make new year resolutions...to each his own. I wish you well. Be disciplined enough to adhere to it. Personally, I have a road map. A compass to direct the course of the new year. There's so much to be done in 2016 and beyond and there's no being lazy about it! Fortune favours the brave!

I sincerely have to appreciate readers of this blog for being part of my 2015. I cannot thank you enough! I had you guys to talk with, laugh with, goof around with. I shared my stories with you all, and you never judged me. I learnt from all of you. For all those who took out time to read and comment and share and encourage me, I send out e-hugs to you. We wouldn't have come this far if it was just me. Thanks for walking this path with me. I look forward to improving the content and structure of this blog in the future. This is one project I am committed to seeing through.

Hopefully, we get to talk before the new year! But till then, make the rest days of 2015 count. An eleventh hour miracle can still happen. I believe, do you?

Merry, merry, merry...
Barby.

Comments

  1. This is a very interesting article...May God bless the reader. You inspire us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great piece. I am inspired

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ejiro dear, first time commenter...thanks for stopping by. I'm honoured that u are inspired. Hopefully we get to see more of you here right? Deal!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hi Dear, do visit us again.
Barby.

Popular posts from this blog

OF COMMITMENT AND STUPIDITY

KNOW YOUR PLACE!!!

HAPPY 1ST ANNIVERSARY BARBY'S DIARY!!! + THE BIG GIVEAWAY IS ON...