IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!






Dear Diary,
It’s my birthday!!! Yaaaaaay!!! I’m growing younger and wiser. God has been faithful over the years, and I feel it in my bones that he has only just started with me. The journey between last year and now has been refreshing and enlightening…it’s been blessings upon blessings, favor upon favor and happiness back to back! Everything that has happened has been a formation process, preparing and developing me for a greater tomorrow. If I say I am undeserving of all I’ve gotten, I am just putting things mildly.

I have a life, one that I enjoy, one that I am proud of, and one that I know can be better. But I am not scared. Because, I know the One that controls the universe and whose plans for me are of good and not of evil. I am a product of sufficient grace.

I’m so emotional already, but I’ll try to contain myself. Let me share my birth story (which I find amusing anyway)…

I have two birthdays. June 2nd and June 3rd. Yeah, I said so (who else can be so drama filled like myself? LOL). Over twenty years ago, I was birthed in the late hours of June 2nd at Kaduna General Hospital, Nigeria. Apparently, the nurse that helped deliver me was too lazy or decided to ignore filling the birth register or birth certificate. By 3rd June (the next day), a new nurse was on duty and immediately ‘’assumed’’ I was born in the early hours of that day, so she graciously but erroneously recorded 3rd June as the birth date on my birth certificate.

Oh well…



My dad is super calm when it comes to issues as ‘’trivial’’ as this. In his mind, there’s no difference between 2nd and 3rd na, besides, mother and daughter are doing fine, so no need for any change and co jare. My dear mother wasn’t (and still isn’t) having any of that. Hehehe. She knows when she gave birth to her sweet girl! 2nd day of June, shikena! And so she calls me every 2nd June to wish me a happy birthday and does the same thing on the 3rd of June too, although this time, she’ll make jest of the whole ish that happened many years ago. And so does the rest of my family.

And I, being the opportunist (scratch that) that I am, I have decided to be a fair judge to everyone, and just have two birthdays only! Yes nau. Everyone goes home happy. The beauty of this is, I get to be treated extra extra special for two days. And I love to be spoiled.

That’s my birth story. What do you think? Sounds cra*y right?

Remember that last year, I had a fun trip and a mini vacay around this time?  See here to view the post. This year, we’re staying put and enjoying the birthday ride. (And I sure did!)


Enjoy the month of June darlings. It’s #GeminiSeason!

Barby.

Comments

  1. So funny a story,dramalicious barby.enjoy d fun of d whole tin 2 days bd,hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny a story,dramalicious barby.enjoy d fun of d whole tin 2 days bd,hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol...HBBD dear very cool story though. I think I shd add one more day to mine too or... NVM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi Dear, do visit us again.
Barby.

Popular posts from this blog

OF COMMITMENT AND STUPIDITY

KNOW YOUR PLACE!!!

HAPPY 1ST ANNIVERSARY BARBY'S DIARY!!! + THE BIG GIVEAWAY IS ON...