MAIN CHICK vs SIDE CHICK

In a game between these two, who do you think will win???

Hi Guys! How is your week going? It's mid week already. Gradually, the weekend is approaching, yippee! What were your plans for the week?  Where you able to achieve all of them? What are your plans for the weekend? For me, I have a 10km road race to attend on Saturday, I am not as enthusiastic as I was when I was copied on Instagram concerning the race. I guess it's the lazy bones in me trying to weigh me down, I'll try to participate and bring you gist on how it went.

This week has been an interesting one in many ways especially on social media. Just yesterday, we heard of the proposed 8.64 billion National Assembly wardrobe allowance for the 469 members of both houses (Senate and House of Representatives) which will translate to a whooping 19/17 million per person, yearly. This is ridiculous. The cost of governance in this country is too high and it's in serious need of downsizing, so much money is spent to maintain a few people at the expense of the vast population. At a time when some States have not been able to implement the minimum wage of 18,000 naira per month and pay the salaries of workers, this can best be described as daylight robbery of the ordinary people! I sincerely hope that the amount is reviewed and reduced and the excess is spent on developing the country rather than entering their pockets again through another means.

Away from that, today's discussion centers on main chicks and side chicks. Let's define the terms for the purpose of clarification-- a main chick is the primary or number 1 chick, she's the priority, she comes first and is put into consideration first. The side chick on the other hand is the opposite of the main chick, she is on the side, a second option, an alternative, and is considered only when it is convenient. From my definition, the role of a side chick sounds unpleasant right? I think so too. But some ladies are comfortable being a side chick nowadays, in fact, it is convenient for them. They may even have their own 'main guy'' too and then it's a case of being a side chick to a side guy...50 50 God no go vex.

Unfortunately, some people don't even know where they stand; whether they are a side chick/side guy or the main chick/main guy. Here are some useful tips to identify your place-- if your ''supposed'' guy/girl doesn't make you priority, like he forgets to call you on important occasions such as your birthday or graduation (who forgets these dates really? Even your enemies remember these days) but he doesn't forget that you guys planned to spend the weekend together, then you're not the main, sorry. Secondly, if he/she only calls you when it is convenient for them, they love to be the ones calling you, they tell you ''don't return the call, I'll call you later'', or they don't want you to just show up in their business like that, sorry, you're not the main. Again, if they never want you to meet the important people in their lives like their family and he/she never takes you on family occasions, sorry once again, you're not the one...etc.

CAVEAT: This is not always the case oh, but most times, it is. The instances are not exhausted though, there are so many ways to know your position. You might even be invited to family events or friends hangout and still be the side chick. Guys are smart like that, they know how to play their game well. Haven't you heard a guy's group of friends call a side chick ''iyawo wa'' (our wife) when they know deep down that she is just the side chick and there's a main chick chilling somewhere? Guys have PhD in that! All of you that do this, God is watching you oh, better desist from your deceit.

All of these is assuming you are not aware that you are a side chick/side guy. Innocent side chick/side guys...I feel for you. How about those that know their positions and are gladly comfortable in their space. They'll frown seriously at the thought of another side chick coming into the picture. If the main chick is the married wife, they don't even feel any kind of remorse, their conclusion is simple; ''she didn't do her homework well and that's why her man has me, she should be grateful''. Ehn, what did I hear ya say??? Well Dear Side Chick (who knows she is one and is proud), please be shameful. Thank you.

Just like me, do you also wonder if the main chick knows there is a side chick especially when the main chick is a married woman? I often wonder if a married woman knows her husband has a side chick and what her reaction will be when she knows her husband is someone else's boyfriend! Irony right? While madam married woman is being loyal and all respectful to her husband, one smallie is ordering him around like a puppy, That's your ''almighty'' husband and father of your four lovely kids! The audacity some of these side chicks have ehn, fear them oh! They don't need to use any diabolic nonsense on you, the thought that you may not service the congo is enough for you to do their bidding and they know that, so it's their congo for your slavery. Choose one.

For the married ones, please which would you rather prefer, a side chick or a one night stand (ONS)? I hate both, and I can't deal, but if I were to choose between the Devil and the deep blue sea, I'll pick...none abeg (fear catch me. Hehehe). Let us analyze both; A one night stand might just be anybody, a road side chick or a hustler; Arrrrgh, I cringe at the thought of one's husband with a nobody, that's below the belt for me. Imagine he is ''decent'' enough to do an ONS once every month, please how many people will that amount to every year? 12 different specie of human beings! No thank you, I'll pass. With a side chick comes commitment and attention. She is like a co-wife. Some side chicks are even more powerful than the main chick, such that main chick is always in a constant competition to protect her territory. No, thank you too. I'll pass.

Truth is, the world in itself is a complex place. I don't want to be my husband's number 1, I want to be the only one abeg. That's not too much to ask is it?

For the side chicks, please I have some questions to ask. What is the problem really? Confidence issues? Self-esteem problems? Wickedness? Please tell me? Why be number 2 when you can be number 1 or like me, the only one? Why settle for less when you can have it all? Why take someone's own rather than have your own? Why gradually destroy someone's happiness and home because you chose to steal from them? Who says you cannot have a man for yourself? Who says you cannot build your empire with your man (not someone else's) and live happily ever after?

Because...no matter how beautiful you are, you are not his wife. No matter how good in bed you are, he'll still go back to his wife every night, no matter how good looking you are, he'll never take you along to where it really matters...he'll go with his wife and they'll wear matching outfits *tongue out* and you'll see the pictures. Well, few of his friends may acknowledge you as his babe, but the world doesn't, they only know Mrs ..., and while you sit there waiting for someone else's husband, your own husband might just pass you by and except by divine intervention, you might just remain SINGLE and LONELY all your life. Sorry to burst your bubbles.

Phew...

Yes oh, I had to stand up for married women who some single girls have placed in constant bitterness. And for those married men who wouldn't leave single girls alone, maybe we should start praying that God should seize your sight till you repent of your promiscuity. Harsh right? LOL. I am just trying to protect the interest of other innocent single girls out there whom side chicks have given a bad name, and of course, I am trying to protect my future marriage too from the drama of extra marital affairs. Operation we don't want philanders for a husband! Lord, drive them far far away, may our paths never cross...Amen.

Oya over to you...what's your take on this issue? Who is to be blamed? Married men or the side chicks? Or equal blame? Will you prefer a side chick to a one night stand?  Please let's discuss.

Long article yeah? I had to rant small jor...
Barby.

Comments

  1. Hehehehehehehe, hot topic. I don't know what to say though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way oh. We can't afford ur silence. Please say something. U know u guys have a way of making vital points and opening new areas on d topic. We'll love to hear frm u.

      Delete
  2. Interesting article... d lyf itself is complicated...some side chicks dint plan to be sides...shit jus happens somtyns...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But will we be wrong to ask if you can enlighten us further? We await your response @akpomedaye. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. The side chic and main chic phenomenon started since time immemorial. Almost all the great men in the bible had side chics. Abraham had Keturah, Abraham also had Hagar. Moses had a concubine ( the cushite woman). Saul had a concubine named Rizpah. Jacob had Bilhah and Zilpah. David had eight eight wives and ten concubines. He even killed because of a concubine. Take note that a side chic means nothing more than a concubine. I am not justifying the act, but it has been with us since time immemorial. Take note that these people where good in the site of God. Please don't eat me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe! My readers are the best. They give me new insights daily.I may not be in the best position to answer you, let me go and look for my Christian bloggers @francesokoro coming through soon. LOL. I need to hear and learn more from this.

      Delete
  4. Unku pee has said it all....Nd pls remind me agn d man after God's own heart...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I became a side chick without planning it and the time I found out I was so attached to the guy so much that I couldn't break-up with him,but as time went on I realised that I deserved better and I broke-up with him but I still love that guy thou

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well espoused. Nice piece of write. That's just the honey truth. You have said it all.

    ReplyDelete

  7. I went through the tragedy of an affair and felt my heart raped, and the process was not so smooth or tidy. My man did left me for another lady. We divorced, but I carried the pain and the torch. After an endless cycle of pain and depression, suddenly the crisis ended, and we didn't have to go through much fight, It was an understandable ending by all accounts,but throughout the divorce process he denied never to cheat on me while we were together.But All thanks to 'hackingloop6@ gmail . c o m' for their investigative and hacking service that helped me gain access to all his phone activities remotely,getting him to admit that he cheated was the very best part of the divorce,though the pain remains.My story had a sad ending,but even those with happy endings, scars one's soul and taints future relationships for a lifetime.Though life goes on, but once we go through that despair, we carry the scars forever. Hackingloop on +1 (712)292-2655,he really saved me from a fake marriage.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi Dear, do visit us again.
Barby.

Popular posts from this blog

OF COMMITMENT AND STUPIDITY

KNOW YOUR PLACE!!!

HAPPY 1ST ANNIVERSARY BARBY'S DIARY!!! + THE BIG GIVEAWAY IS ON...