ABOUT THIS WEEK...

Dearies...

How have y'all been? How did your week go?

To our Nigerian readers, I know we have a lot to say about this week...so much has happened. Especially the fuel scarcity and shortage in power supply, although this has been on for a while now, it entered another level this week. Prices of everything went up, even the price of ice block! (I heard a soft drink hawker complain about that) Yes oh, it was that bad, thank God we are gradually returning to normalcy again, the hardship was beyond me.

Meanwhile, it was children's day on May 27th. Happy Children's Day to all children and all of us who were once children, infact, we are still children in the eyes of our parents and elders (they say this to us every time). We agree sha, but children get ''grade''. There are children that are children and there are children that have become adults. You understand the difference right?


Today is DEMOCRACY DAY in my lovely country; Nigeria. So, Happy Democracy to all Nigerians. We also saw the handing over and swearing in of a new President today, President Buhari, who will pilot the affairs of this country for the next four years. Nigerians are hopeful that we will experience the much desired change IMMEDIATELY (no excuses please). Our prayers are with the current administration, may God lead them aright. Who listened to the President's inaugural speech? My two favorite parts were when he called his wife ''Her Excellency; Aisha Buhari (Awwww, so sweet, how I love love!) and where he said "I belong to everybody, and I belong to nobody'' (I suppose that the President by this meant that he is no one's exclusive property but he is a President for us all). Very noble I must say. Again, we must  also salute and commend a courageous man and a true democrat; outgone President Jonathan, his singular act of conceding defeat during the election, saved the entire country from chaos. He is indeed a Nigerian Hero, and posterity will judge him well. For me, there's always a lesson in every story...from the whole electioneering process, I have learnt perseverance, humility, leadership and the fact that hard work pays. I sincerely recognize and appreciate the influence and attention that social media had and contributed to the success of this election. Nigerians have never been so aware and interested as was witnessed during this election. This is a pointer that government has to sit up and work hard or be ready to dance to the tune of the masses. We will no longer be swayed by false promises and persuasion. We know better now. It is work or be thrown out! Dazall! Congratulations to all Governors, their Deputies, Senators and House of Reps members, House of Assembly members and all who assumed offices today. The world is waiting, the world is watching...

Back to how my week went...
If you experienced ''crazy'' this week, believe me, mine was on another level and I'm so glad the week is wrapping up already. From my loss of important documents, to the workload at the office, to losing airtime I bought et al, it has been all shades of CRAZY! I even wrote a post and the wahala didn't afford me the opportunity to publish it, so till another time jare. ''I cannot na come and go and kill myself oh''. If I can fast forward myself to next week and leave y'all in this week, I'll do so quickly and with so much pleasure. I am in dare need of a break, and I got a break! Thank God. But, I'll definitely keep in touch with my ''Diarians'', maybe we may even have more time for ourselves sef.

The good news is that 3rd of June (next Wednesday) is my birthday. Please keep a date with me by sending your birthday wishes in the diary, I don't mind a cake or two, or perfumes or flowers or chocolates or the likes...what can a girl do than to accept it all and say thank you?

Have a sugar-coated butter dripping weekend.

Till we get to gist again,
Barby.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OF COMMITMENT AND STUPIDITY

KNOW YOUR PLACE!!!

HAPPY 1ST ANNIVERSARY BARBY'S DIARY!!! + THE BIG GIVEAWAY IS ON...