Life is a Journey...

Hi Guys.

So sorry for being AWOL. I told y'all that I have two siblings celebrating birthday this week right? My elder sister's birthday was on the 30th of April. Happy Birthday Jenny, greater heights in Jesus Name, Amen.

While preparing for work that morning, I got a call from my aunt (she lives in the same city as I), I immediately answered the call and greeted her, but it was my uncle (her husband) that was on the other end, and he delivered the sad news. My aunt passed away that morning. I screamed. I cried. I only just spoke to her a day before! She told me she was feeling ill and I told her she will come out of it. Little did I know it would be our last convo. I called office to say I'll come in late, I was permitted. I went to my aunt's place, went to the mortuary with them and all of that. Bitter details. End of story.

You see, this is one aunt I grew up knowing, she did not just bear the title, she acted the title. My mum's younger sister. She visit weekends and I always prayed she'll come the next weekend because it was always ''Christmas'' for me. She'll buy and buy. From fast food to drinks to snacks and chocolate and everything. It was never too much for her. If we in turn visited her, she'll spend days preparing for the visit. She was always ready to entertain. She didn't have so much but she was ready to share the little she had. We were her babies. My family was so fond of her. She was concerned about our welfare and she was always ready to assist in any way she could. I remember her calling on the day of election and making sure we were safe. She was quick to check on us and call on birthdays and occasions. Her gist will make you roll on the floor in laughter. If she didn't pass away that morning, she'll have spent this weekend with us. That's how much she cared. The kindest of hearts.

All of these got me thinking...what is there to this life really? Why not just be happy and live life to its fullest? Why bear a grudge or keep malice? Why procrastinate what can be done today? Why wallow in self pity or self hate when you can love yourself and extend love to those around you? Why hold back when you can give? Why hate when you can love?  What would you be remembered for? What impact would you make? What mark would you leave behind? This life is a journey. We are all sojourners.

Make the best of each day. Live. Love. Lend a helping hand.

Rest In Peace Aunty T. God bless your gentle soul. We will miss you muchos.

Your Girl,
Barby.

Comments

Post a Comment

Hi Dear, do visit us again.
Barby.

Popular posts from this blog

OF COMMITMENT AND STUPIDITY

KNOW YOUR PLACE!!!

HAPPY 1ST ANNIVERSARY BARBY'S DIARY!!! + THE BIG GIVEAWAY IS ON...