OMG! HE PROPOSED AND I SAID YES!!!

Ok, not really...joke is on you, sweetheart. That's why I'm a writer na, I have ''poetic license'' to misbehave sometimes. LOL! I enjoyed my one minute of deceiving you guys! I'm sure Le Boo's heart would have missed a beat *tongue out*. Don't worry Sweets, I got you.

So back to the topic...He Proposed.


Lately, there have been a lot of marriage proposals; the romantic ones and the not so romantic ones. If you're very active on social media especially the likes of Instagram and Facebook, you'ld have noticed a lot of them. Guys are outdoing themselves each day on proposals and I am impressed. I can only hope they carry on the romance into the real marriage and make it work...

You see a marriage proposal where the guy buys the lady a car and flowers and of course, a ring and you're like ''oh oh'', ''awww, so romantic'' and tears are flowing down your cheeks because you wish you were the one, duh!. You'll think you've seen the best, until you watch a proposal video which happened on a yacht with a saxophonist playing, or the ''couple'' goes to the cinema to watch a movie and madam's name pops up on the screen as oga goes on one knee and the lights come on, or a romantic dinner for two with rose petals from the hallway to the table and while ''madam'' sips her champagne (why is it not pronounced ''cham-pag-ne'' sef?), there's a ring at the bottom of the glass and madam is screaming at the top of her voice, she never experredit! Sounds like an experience right?

I  have seen hundreds of them on social media; mob dancers and everyone (including the soon-to-be-proposed-to)watches in amazement, before the man goes on one knee, or aboard an aircraft, or on vacation with Le Boo or even whilst on queue waiting to cast vote in a presidential election (yeah right, this one happened for real!). Commendable stuff!

It has got me thinking how my proposal will be! Like, do I have a say in the kind of ring I would want (you wouldn't want to propose to her today and find out she isn't wearing the ring a day after because she finds the design annoying or it looks cheap shey?), does that make her vain? What do I really want? How do I want it? Where do I want it? Private or public? Do I like surprises sef? Or should Le Boo just give a hint so that I can make my hair, wear fine clothes, have my nails and make-up on ''fleek'' and expect the expected? (but since we always dress well, this shouldn't be an issue right?). Nowadays, you hear stories of people accusing ladies of buying the ring themselves, so to avoid such unnecessary dramas and having to convince people, should we call friends who will act as ''witnesses'' to the event of promises and all the mushy mushy talk?

I know that some men feel it's their idea and their call, so they will want to do it their way and they'll want no input from the lady, but my advice to you is that you should at least know what she wants or likes. Some ladies are more reserved and private than others. You will not want to propose to her in the full glare of everybody when you know she is shy and she mumbles words whenever she is in front of an audience. Do you want her to mistakenly say a ''No'' instead of a ''Yes''? Or would you insert a ring in a cake if you know that she is a foodie? She may just mistakenly swallow it.

Please be wise oh, don't go and commit blunder and disgrace your generation because of a proposal gone wrong! If you ask me how I want mine to be, I certainly wouldn't have a straight answer 'cos I really don't know, but of course, it has to be very romantic and emotional...I know what I don't want sha oh, please, no ''ring hunt'' in any cake or drink or under the pillow or the likes; I hate unnecessary stress, I'll pass on that abeg. Surprises? Oh yes! I think I'll love that one, no hint at all please. But let the nails, hair, clothes and makeup be on some A game. Thank you.


Proposals are not easy biko! You think it is by just planting a ring on the finger and dazall abi? It's a lot more than that and more for the men, I kind of feel for them. There's the dilemma of what finger to put the ring on, a romantic speech (which usually, a lot of the ladies cannot remember and I wonder why! It is one of the best speeches ever, put your ears down and enjoy the moment), the kneeling down for long minutes (until you get a reply)depending on the emotional disposition of madam, you may be on your knees for a while, there are (may be) tears that'll follow, there's the anxiety for a reply etc. So much to a proposal. So much.

Please share your sweet proposal stories, those you have witnessed, for the unmarried or single ones, what is your dream proposal?  What do you fantasize about? For the men among us, how do you plan to surprise her? And finally, what's the ideal time to wear an engagement ring before the actual wedding? Personally, I think there is no time frame, but I'll love to wear my ring for a while and flaunt it, say; 3-6 months. Is that too much or too small? I just think it'll feel good to be ''taken'' and still be technically single...silly reason right? So give yours...

P.S -- I like the middle ring best! How about you? Which is your favorite?

Enjoy the rest of your week darlings,
Barby.



 

Comments

  1. Nice and romantic article I must say! Well I love surprises alottttttttt! Romantic surprises precisely,not putting d ring in my wine or food ooooo! Take me unawares, mehnnnn, I really don't know how my engagement day will look like o, but. I Wld love my engagement day to a surprise,a classy,romantic,and elegant engagement I pray o lord! Lolz! Well when you put an engagement ring on my finger it means in the next 2-3mnts we are getting married,for me o,marriage shouldn't take long after engagement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprise, classy, romantic and elegant engagement...only u Efoma! I feel u dear.

      Delete
  2. Pple already planning deir marriage, droppin punch lines nd co...efoma 2 to 3mnths afta engagement abi? Its aiit. Mk una try engage us too abeg, put my ring for anytn...even akpu or amala..i like am , jus engage us...after all, what a man can do, a woman cn do even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people will be catching subs anyhow...LOL! I once watched a comedy skit where the lady proposed to the man. But like I said, it was a comedy and just for laughs. Welcome to the real world where men have to do the chasing and the proposals. U guys are the head, aint it anymore???

      Delete
  3. Pls barby tell them o! Welcome to the real world,wake up from your slumber!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When we propose nd ask for due respect...pls remember dt in d real world, men deserve due respect o. Nor be d 1 una go cum dey speak equal right o...if nt dt 1, jus propose mk we knwsay na equal right ..lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love surprises but till then though

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi Dear, do visit us again.
Barby.

Popular posts from this blog

OF COMMITMENT AND STUPIDITY

KNOW YOUR PLACE!!!

HAPPY 1ST ANNIVERSARY BARBY'S DIARY!!! + THE BIG GIVEAWAY IS ON...